Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Abstract The Queens Branch of the AAUW was largely responsible for scholarship and education from 1931 until the branch disbanded in 2008. The collection holds many of the papers specific to the Queens Branch including research projects the Queens Branch took part in and information about the bylaws and history of the branch.
Overview The Barbara (Jones) Omolade Collection documents civil rights activism on the Queens College campus during the 1960s, including the Freedom Week Events of 1964. This collection also provides material pertaining to the Mississippi Summer Project of 1964 and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC).
Abstract The City University of New York was among the largest university systems to support a universal open admissions policy. The Open Admissions Collection contains reports, articles, transcripts, and guidebooks from the first decade of this effort.
Abstract The Forbes Hill Collection contains printed material, news clippings, and correspondence related to the life of Forbes Hill, a political activist and academic who taught at Queens College from 1964-2008.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection documents performing arts related events and programs associated with Queens College from 1938 to 2004. This includes activities from the early days of the college, such as the Orchestral Society and Choral Society; the Colden Center (founded in 1960); and today's the Kupferberg Center for the Arts. The collection contains photographs, invitations, memos, brochures, programs, and other printed ephemera.
Abstract The Queens College Alumni Newsletter Collection is comprised of publications from the Alumni Association of Queens College, which keep alumni informed of Queens College news and events. Notable alumni are often featured in the magazines.
Scope and Contents Bulletins published yearly by Queens College that provide information on courses, curriculum, administration, faculty, and admissions requirements.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract This collection contains photos and related papers documenting the creation and installation of the five bells in the Chaney-Goodman-Schwerner Clock Tower of Queens College’s Rosenthal Library.
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents Audio recordings of hearings held by the "Commission on the Organization of the College" between Monday, January 31 and Wednesday, February 16, 1972. Accompanying the audio cassettes is a "Calendar of Meetings" listing the dates, topics, and locations of the meetings, as well as the 18 members of the commission; and a letter from Chief Librarian Robert H. Muller noting that these recordings "will some day be viewed as a crucial milestone in the development of the college."
- Names: Queens College (New York, N.Y.) X
- Queens (New York, N.Y.) 4
- Queens College (New York, N.Y.) 4
- Education 2
- Mississippi Freedom Project 2
- Universities and colleges--Curricula 2
- Activism 1
- Bell Towers 1
- Bells 1
- Bulletins 1
- Chief executive officers -- United States -- Biography 1
- China -- Foreign relations -- United States -- Press coverage 1
- Civil rights -- United States 1
- Civil rights movement -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Cold War -- Press coverage -- United States 1
- College students 1
- Colleges and universities -- Admission -- Social aspects -- United States 1
- Communist college teachers 1
- Community 1
- Community Education - New York, NY 1
- Community theater 1
- Corporations -- Growth 1
- Digital media -- United States -- History 1
- Feminism 1
- Flushing (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Freedom Week 1964, Queens College 1
- Freedom of the press 1
- Inclusive education -- United States -- History 1
- Journalists -- United States 1
- Mass media and international relations 1
- Mississippi 1
- Music 1
- Music - Instruction and Study 1
- New York (State) 1
- Newspaper editors -- United States 1
- Newspaper publishers -- United States 1
- Nineteen sixties 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Photographs 1
- Remedial teaching -- United States 1
- Small presses -- United States 1
- Student protestors 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- Universities and colleges--Administration 1
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States 1
- Wall Street Journal -- History 1
- photograph albums 1
- women's rights 1 ∧ less