Queens College Seal Designs and Logos
Scope and Contents Note
The collection contains proposed seal designs from the founding of Queens College, an engraved stone of the official seal, and digital designs of subsequent logos and medals used at Queens College over the decades.
- Queens College (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
Collection is open for research. Staff may restrict access at its discretion on the basis of physical condition.
The Queens College Seal Design Collection is physically owned by the Queens College Libraries. Artistic rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assignees. The collection is subject to all copyright laws. Queens College assumes no responsibility for the infringement of copyrights held by the original authors, creators, or producers of materials
2.4 Linear Feet (1 standard document case; 1 oversized flat box.)
20 Digital Files
Language of Materials
Collection originally processed in 2013-2014, consisting of seal designs from 1937 and winning seal artifact. In 2022 the collection was expanded to include digital objects representing subsequent seals and logos created at Queens College over the decades.
- Queens College Seal Designs
- Print finding aid prepared by Thomas Cleary, 2013, machine-readable finding aid created by Stephanie McEvoy, 2014. Additions by Annie Tummino in January 2022.
- Fall 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script